Saturday, June 01, 2013

# Motherhood Magazine

My Motherhood journey Featured on June Motherhood 2013 - Adelynn Oei




On June issue of Motherhood

I think this is one of proudest moment of my life, to be featured on Motherhood Magazine. I always want to inspire people but never thought I was good enough to do it.

When I was asked to do the interview, and I didn't know what was going to be on the article. When I received the copies, I was beaming away.
It didn't get to me even that people whom I always talked over the phone , but never got to meet , could recognize me on the magazine. Then comments on my facebook got my attention , my friends were amazed with the fact I ran when I was pregnant.

I would like to thank my husband for he was the one whom encouraged me,when I was afraid of running and thought that something will happen to the little one. He told me because I used to run before I was pregnant, that is why my pregnant body could adapt to running.

I started with light jogs with my colleague and I was constantly worried. So I did a little research on my own.
Check out the following links with regards to running when pregnant.
http://babyfit.sparkpeople.com/articles.asp?id=781

With all those articles in mind, it boost my confidence, and on top of that , I have asked my gynae for advice. She told me that I could jog as long as I am not so out of breathe.


So I am glad that I completed that 10km marathon (with a bit of walking included), it was one of my greatest acheivement ever. I also hoped that my story could inspire other pregnant mothers whom are joggers before to continue jogging during their pregnancy.
I was 3 months when running Yellow Ribbon Run 
6 months pregnant when running Standard Chartered - with Papa Koh
However, do bear in mind that to consult your gynae before you start running. And when you are approaching your third trimester , you may want to do a fast walk instead . :)


No comments:

Follow Us @adeoei